During these difficult and confusing times we would like to thank our patients for support and understanding.
We would like to take this opportunity to remind all our patients that Preston Park Surgery (and indeed the NHS as a whole) is still here for you and your family when you need us.
Our telephone lines are still open every day from 08:30-18:00 and our GP’s and nurses are offering telephone triage to all patients with both physical and mental health problems. We have also implemented many new systems including the facility to make video calls and do e-consultations.
We have ensured that footfall within the surgery is kept to an absolute minimum so if you need to come in you can be assured that you are in as safe and clean environment as possible.
We are still running the following services:
- Medication requests (We do highly recommend that all patients nominate a pharmacy to collect their prescriptions)
- Baby immunisations and checks
- Wound management and dressings
- Urgent/essential blood tests and investigations for infections
- Essential injections including: Prostap, Zoladex, Pertussis (Whooping Cough)
If your condition requires, then referrals can still be made to hospitals and treatment centres, many of whom are also offering telephone and video triage services. Please be aware there are likely to be delays in any treatment and investigations by secondary care.